View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Excel Worksheet Object resizes in Word when I edit/open it

Hi there! It sounds like you're experiencing some trouble with an Excel Worksheet Object that you've pasted into your Word document. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot this issue.

When you paste an Excel Worksheet Object into a Word document, it's actually embedding the entire Excel file into the Word document. This means that any changes you make to the Excel file will be reflected in the Word document, and vice versa.

As for the resizing issue you're experiencing, it's possible that the Excel Worksheet Object is set to automatically resize to fit the contents of the cells. To prevent this from happening, you can try the following steps:
  1. Right-click on the Excel Worksheet Object in your Word document.
  2. Select "Format Object" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Format Object" dialog box, select the "Size" tab.
  4. Uncheck the box next to "Lock aspect ratio" and "Resize autoshape to fit contents".
  5. Click "OK" to save your changes.

This should prevent the Excel Worksheet Object from automatically resizing when you edit or open it. If you still experience issues, you can try copying the Excel Worksheet Object into a separate Excel document and editing it there. Then, you can copy and paste it back into your Word document.