TF

Weird. I'm thinking about this...

tf

"dnelson1" wrote in message
:I tried your test. I copied the URL to Google from IE
: (http://www.google.com). Didn't use the parenthesis. In a new word
document,
: I used Crtl+K and pasted the URL into the Address: box. Then I Crtl+click
and
: got same error message. I then went to right click on the hyperlink and
chose
: edit hyperlink. Typed google's URL directly in the address: box. checked
: see if it worked, no luck. Any other ideas?
: dnelson
:
: "TF" wrote:
:
: Just as a test, try selecting and copying the URL from IE, then in Word
use
: Insert, Hyperlink (Ctrl+K) and paste the URL into the URL box (note: you
: have to use the keyboard). Does that work?
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "dnelson" wrote in message
: ...
: : For a class I'm taking I have to create a word document that contains
: : hyperlinks to different web pages(hotlist). When I copy and paste the
url
: : from internet explorerinto the word document it is automatically
converted
: : into a hyperlink (underlined and blue). So far so good. Now to check
the
: : link, I control click on the link and get the following error message
: :
: : Unable to open (site name). Cannot locate internet server or proxy
server.
: :
: : The URL is correctly entered (I just paste it back into internet
explorer
: : and it goes directly there). So why can't word find the web site?
:
:
: