Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Default text boxes inside drawing canvas

Did you actually insert two text boxes? Or, did as 2nd one mysteriously
appear after you inserted the original one? I'm wondering if there might
just be a single box, and the 2nd one is a ghost/artifact due to a bug in
your display driver.

Does this happen in a brand new document, or just in that one document?

What version of Word is this? What happens if you insert text boxes without
the drawing canvas? Tools - Options - General, just above Measurement Units,
remove the check next to "Automatically create drawing canvas when inserting
AutoShapes".

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Searcher_5" wrote in message
oups.com...
I use two text boxes inside the drawing canvas. As soon as I type
letters in either of the boxes the other box is filled with the same
letter (the same is valid for deleting). They behave like clones. Boxes
are not linked (did not use pouring mug) and the button for unlinking
is greyed. I'm getting crazy on this...