Ricki Miles

Thanks for the response. I have tried customizing the form field options
format box by removing the comma from the $#,##0.00 format, but then I get a
decimal in the wrong place and the number represented is wrong. Thanks,

Ricki

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can customize the number mask using the same interchangeable bits used
in the samples provided.

so
all may benefit.

"Ricki Miles" wrote in message
I am using Word XP. Is there a way to format a number form field in a
protected form differently than the formats provided in the form field
options? I would like to format the number with a dollar sign, but

without
a comma between the thousands and hundreds.

Thanks,

Ricki Miles