Sam Hobbs

This is a little (a lot?) off-topic, but I can suggest other possibilities.
If you choose to pursue one of these, then there are other groups that can
help.

I assume the files do go somewhere before they are deleted, and I assume
they are copied. It might work to simply move them instead of copying them.

Another possibility is to use removable media, and then the documents can
exist only in the removable media. At the end of the day, remove the media
and send to wherever the data is destined for. There are some wonderful
technologies currently available, such as Flash Drives and USB drives. We
can now have a GB of data stored in a device that is about the size of a
postage stamp; the same type of thing used in Cell phones and cameras for
their memory. However for those (Compact Flash cards) we need a
reader/writer, but those are cheap. A USB drive is about the size of a thumb
and plugs directly into a USB port. One place to look for good deals on
things like that is:

http://rasputinj.com

"Teri D MT" wrote in message
Hello! I am trying to help some of my coworkers learn to use Word. Since
we
type medical info, we are not allowed to keep patient information on our
computers (we work at home for a hospital). I would like to make a macro
that we could run that would automatically find and delete all the
dictation
that we typed that day so that it will not stay in our computers. I
myself
of course know how to delete files manually, but some of the newer users
are
petrified of trying anything, so I'd like to make them a macro to do it
for
them until they get a little more used to Word. Thank you for any help.
--
Teri D MT