kaye123 kaye123 is offline
Junior Member

Default Undo sections within a chapter in long doc and retain footnote num

I put my doc together section by section, and then chapter by chapter using" insert" function. Each chapter starts with new footnote 1. Now because I am making changes to one whole chapter it creates another problem (doesn’t matter what - it is unavoidable) and I am redoing the same section multiple times. I need to do a smaller section (not the whole chapter) at a time and retain continuous footnote numbering.

So I need to undo each section in my document while I make changes and put it together later. Also I am sending it by email to a proof-reader and I want to send off a few sections at a time, so better if the footnotes can follow on.

I can’t remember how I cut out sections and repasted without losing continuous footnote numbering. (maybe I never did). If I do it by cut and paste my footnotes return to number 1. (as we know)

Is there a better way of doing it than redoing each page by restarting at the last footnote number from previous section? I lost a few bits of info off my footnotes so I have another copy I refer to which has been useful. So would really like continuous numbering.

Anyone have any advices please? Looked in various tutorials but can’t find answer. Maybe I am not asking the right question. Aldo I tried taking the last footnote line from previous document but it still started at number 1
kind regards

Last edited by kaye123 : February 4th 13 at 07:57 AM Reason: more information