fairbro fairbro is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom View Post
In addition to the answer from MVP Tom Ferguson, see also (if
applicable):

WD97: Spelling, Grammar Not Available in Word Running on Window 2000
or Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257643/en-us

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DianaH" wrote in message
Hi there,
A friend of mine is using Word 97 and doesn't have spellcheck in any
of her
documents. Spellcheck in tools, options is greyed out. Any
thoughts of
enabling spellcheck.
Thanks.

Okay, I went through a lot of help pages. The answer for me was to go back to the CD and "reinstall/repair" the program. Go to the "Office Tools" installation option, click on that, and then make sure "Spelling Checker" is check-marked. Back out of it, install it, restart MS Word, and viola, it's there!