Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Find and Replace

The find & replace history is only saved for the current session of Word, as
you already know; once you close and reopen Word it will be gone. I don't
know why this happens, only that it works the same for WinWord too, and it
has been that way since Word 97, at least.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"coastal60" wrote in message

When using find and replace to edit a document, the history of entries
made in the find/replace boxes is stored in the drop down lists beside
the find/replace boxes. After closing word (mac word 2008), the history
of entries is cleared the next time I open word. Why is this? Is the
history of words entered into the find or replace boxes stored within
the specific word document file anywhere, or not stored at all? When
editing documents over multiple days/weeks/revisions, I would like to
view the entire list of words I have searched (and thus chosen to
make/not make edits to, prevent duplicate efforts, etc.).

--
coastal60