Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lcapino lcapino is offline

Default Document map and hidden text

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Glad you found a solution that works for you, but just for additional
insights - not trying you convince you one way or another:-)...

snip
On 8/5/07 12:50 PM, in article
, "lcapino"
wrote:

rather than continually
having to switch from Normal View to OUTLINE VIEW then having to continually
expand and collapse my document to work with it then returning to Normal View.

snip

This is totally unnecessary You need not return to Normal [or any other]
view to edit the doc, and you can expand only the portion you need to edit.
I've found it much faster to expand & collapse *portions* of the doc than to
have to jump or scroll from one part to another. Reorganization is also
facilitated because you can grab one topic, drag it to another location, and
all sub-topics & body text within it go right along without having to select
what could amount to an entire chapter or more.

Again, I'm not advocating that the use of one feature is inherently "better
than" or mutually exclusive of the other, just that both are worthy of
consideration & have their respective advantages.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac