Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sivagan Sivagan is offline

Default Equation editor shows funny looking symbols

Hi Bob.

Thank u for taking time in responding 2 my help. i appreciate it alot. i
guess that the problem is the font "symbol" is missing from my font list. how
do i download that to replace the missing one?

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

With Equation Editor open, click on Style Define. Most of the
styles should be set to whatever font you're using in Word, but
these 3 styles MUST be set to Symbol font: LCGreek, UCGreek,
Symbol.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

On 6-Aug-2007, ?B?U2l2YWdhbg==?=
wrote:

Gd day. i m trying to use the equation editor on taht is on my
office 2003
but it is showing some weird looking symbols of animals and
cars instead of
the intergal or matrix signs. It used to work preperly before
and i am not
too sure why this happen.My styles are set to Symbol font. Any
help in this
amtter is deeply appreciated. Thank u in advance.I m using
firefox s my
browzer.