Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DD DD is offline

Default Remove background highlighting form merge fields

Somehow the button highligh fields in the merge toolbar was toggled. Didn't
even think to look there - it shouldn't have been set to highlight.

"DD" wrote:

I have a Word document that worked fine until we upgraded to Office 2003.
I've finally have the merge working again after hours of work. HOWEVER, my
merge fields now have a background highlight that shows up on the screen and
during printing. Yet it's not showing up under any of the formatting for
these fields. It's the 11th hour and a task that should have taken minutes
has turned into a major project.

A general comment: The company I work for has ceased upgrading our users to
2003 after all the problems with this product. Sadly, they are going back to
WordPerfect after I spent years of trying to get the company on the Office
bandwagon. Who would think that you could take a decent product and create
such a mess. WHAT A HUGE WASTE OF TIME THIS PRODUCT HAS