Hilary Ostrov

Default Questions re Word 2003 File-New ("Other")

OK, so I finally bit the bullet and upgraded from Office 2000 to 2003
(Pro SP1) on Win XP (SP2). I've figured out how to: a) stop task pane
from appearing on Word startup; b) get rid of the damn pane without
mousing around [Ctrl+F1 is a two-way street!]; and c) bypass it
completely when creating a new document from one of many templates I
use.

But what I cannot seem to overcome is the default large icon view
(rather than the more practical "List" or "Details") when I get to
"New". Is this an annoyance I must learn to live with, or is there a
workaround that will make either of my preferred views "stick"? Also,
is there some way of changing the size of the "New" window?

Thanks.
hro
--
myssiwyg* ... making your support systems improve what you get!
http://www.myssiwyg.ca/