JamesT. JamesT. is offline
Junior Member

Default Lines per page

I am using Word 2000. I'm writing manuscripts, and need to have the same number of lines on each page. Unfortunately, when line spacing is set to Double, I get 24 lines per page on some pages, 23 on others, and even 22 on a smaller number.

Twenty-four lines per page is actually incorrect, as the publishing industry standard with Courier 12-point is 25 lines per page for manuscripts. I can achieve this by setting line spacing at multiple, 1.9, but then I get some pages with 24 lines, and others with 23.

Manually correcting by pasting a line (or two) from the next page works, but only temporarily.

I have tried Word 2002 and 2003, with the same problem. Has anyone found a way to maintain a uniform number of lines per page?