Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

Default Lost shortcut

In message ,
Francis Hookham Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

Windows XP, Word 2000

Somehow I have lost the Word shortcut on the taskbar. I scrapped the
shortcup on the desktop ages ago. Word no longer appears in Programs
from Start.

Word is still there hiding but I cannot find it so can you suggest
how to get a shortcut back into these places. There is no problem
with running Word once I have double clicked an existing file but it
is a bit cumbersome and very time wasting.

Please help.

Thank you,

Francis Hookham

Francis, you need to find out where the Word program(WINWORD.EXE) is living
on your disk. Possibly somewhere like 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office'.

Navigate to that location in an Explorer window, then you can just drag the
WINWORD.EXE icon into your Start Menu and the taskbar.

--
Cheers,
Chris.