Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gingerbread Gingerbread is offline

Default Calculations Using Word Mail Merge

I did that but after I have completed the merge, I am left with the following:
{ = 100 + 1 } where Test1 = 100 and Test2 = 1.

The only way that I have been able to chage from the formula to the result
is to click on the formula and press Shift F9. As what I am trying to do is
to include the calculated result on several hundred statements, that option
is not a practical solution. Am I missing something here or is that the way
that it is supposed to work?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use { = { MERGEFIELD Test1 } + { MERGEFIELD Test2 }}

You must of course use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gingerbread" wrote in message
I need to be able to create a mail merge document that adds together
several
mail merge fields. The only way that I have been able to do this in the
past
is to create a hidden table in which I insert the separate fields and then
sum them. That is no longer working as I need to include more
calculations.
What I want to do is to do is something like the following: { MERGEFIELD
Test1 } + { MERGEFIELD Test2 } (note for this example I typed in the
braces)

Unfortunately I have to use word for this

I have not found any way of doing this, does anybody know if it is
possible