Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Doing Character Replace

Correct the "a2M" in one place in your document and copy it. In the find
what box, type a2M. In the replace with box type ^c. The "^c" is the code
for the contents of the clipboard.

Pam

Bjk wrote:
I have the character sequence "a2M".

I want to do a replace of this in my document (a hundred instances at
least) in which 'a' becomes the alpha character (Symbol font most likely)
and '2' is subscripted.

But if I set 'a2M' for symbol font, EVERYTHING becomes symbol font. And if
I try to set just '2' for subscripting, every character is subscripted.

How is this done?