Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
rcurtice rcurtice is offline

Default Restricting Styles based on Template

I am creating document for a whole group of people to use to create
subsections that will be compiled to create a major document.

We are all using Word 2003.

I have a template that I have only the styles to be used. I have tried
to use the restrict styles from doucment protection function. I have
add all the styles that show in use. When I apply the restriction it
prompts to change the styles that were not allowed that are still int
document. At first I couldn't figure out which styles the message was
refering to until I looked at my header and footer. They got all
messed up if followed through on the prompt.

So the problem comes in where styles of header and footer are
concerned. I have to include the writters name and a few other things
for each section.

I even tried reating a style for each of the styles in the header and
foot (including font size and underlining, bold, etc...) but it still
got messed up.

Any help would be really apperciated!