Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Costs too much!

Ctrl+D is even simpler for opening the font dialog, though I've never
understood why it was chosen.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
The most commonly used dialogs, for the Font and Paragraph groups, are
also on the right-click context menu in many contexts (although,
inexplicably, not in tables). Also, the Font dialog has a default keyboard
shortcut of Ctrl+Shift+F. There is no default shortcut for the Paragraph
dialog, but you can assign one through Office button Customize
Keyboard Customize -- in the category Home Tab, select the FormatParagraph
command and assign your preferred shortcut.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Worn Out Retread wrote:
I am a "new user" of Office 2007 and am slowly getting used to the
ribbon. There is one thing with the ribbon though that I with eyes
that are not what they used to be would like an answer to or a fix
and that is the little "hot spot" to click on to expand the ribbon
with more options. An example is the Font panel has a little hot spot
in the lower left corner. It is very small on my desktop monitor and
is nearly invisible using a laptop computer. Under some lighting
conditions that hot spot can't be seen at all.
Is there a setting that I have missed for this?

Otherwise, my complaints list is getting shorter.....it is the
learning curve for something that is different that is the source of
most complaints I think.

Ron P

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

Although you have posted this as a Suggestion for Microsoft, it is
unlikely that anyone from MS will actually see your post since these
forums are scheduled to be closed on June 1, and response to
"suggestions" has historically been practically nil.

You are certainly not the first (though a bit late to the party) to
make the complaints you're making. Virtually everyone who has
upgraded from a previous version says the same thing. Many of them
eventually come to like Word 2007, even prefer it, and many of the
defects of Word 2007 (especially in the realm of customizability)
have been remedied in Word 2010.

I would have to say, though, that, despite your closing, your tone
doesn't sound very "respectful" to me.

http://word.mvps.org

"Involuntary Microsoft Slave" Involuntary Microsoft
wrote in message
Dear Microsoft,

Since you are already a multi-kadrillion world leader in technology
and all,
would it be possible to put Microsoft Office back into PC's and
charge more
reasonable prices for your software? Microsoft Works stinks. Period.

Oh yeah, call this a little late, but Word 2007 is really not as
"intuitive"
as you might like to think. After more than a decade of classic
Office menus
and dropdowns, sticking every single thing into a ribbon and
clicking all over the place to access what used to be a click away,
to me, is very 'counterintuitive' and counterproductive. Bring back
the dropdowns with the
hotkeys listed for each function and call it a day. Sometimes the
most innovative thing to do is to 'keep it simple'.

I'm sure my gripe won't get far in such a heavily matrixed and
gargantuan corporation such as yours and I also know that the
myriad users in PC Land
have no choice but to accept whatever "strategic" direction you
choose to pursue with the software that is a staple of their daily
business and home
lives, but if you're really concerned about customer satisfaction
(although
at this stage in your corporate lifecycle, you appear to be more
interested
in impressing yourself than end-users and your aggressive growth
strategy to
eradicate the 'little guys' and superimpose your product offerings
over every
nook and cranny of this earth so that your reach becomes almost
stifling and
inescapable, has already proven wildly successful and grossed you
billions.
So who gives a rat's fart what the actual consumers want or need
because they
don't really have a choice anyway...right?) then give us reasonable
prices
and more useful, user-friendly software.

Respectfully,

Involuntary Mirosoft Slave

This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
click the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.