fiona

Hi,

I may have misunderstood your question here but, have you checked that the
borders are set to "no borders" and that your gridlines are set to "hide
gridlines" (under the "Table" menu)? And are the borders only showing on the
screen and not when you print? Word will show the table borders on screen
unless you tell it not to, even if you have removed the printed borders. In
this circumstance it will show the gridlines on-screen but not when you print.

HTH.

"Moltar" wrote:

I have a 2-page Word 2003 document with a few tables. The vertical sides of
one cell in the first table appear to be 1/4 point black upon opening, but
they are designed to be "clear" - no lines at all. This usually goes away
with a screen refresh (scroll), but sometimes persists in a broken form.
System usage is not abnormal, there's 512 MB of RAM, and the graphics card
is the one MS recommends.
The behavior persists across machines.
Ideas, anyone? Sound familiar at all?