Moltar

Thanks, fiona - I wish it were that simple. I've been using Word for about
10 years and I can guarantee that I know how to do tables. They are very
simple, not even nested. These two lines appear only at startup, and usually
disappear entirely after a few seconds. So, yes and no it shows on screen
and no it doesn't show on printing. They don't look like "real lines," more
like an artifact as it comes into memory. Curiously, they even appear when I
save the doc as HTML and open it in Word 2003 - what's THAT about? They
don't carry over into a PDF file when I use PDFWriter.
Since this is a resume, one would want these things not to happen as a
sample of the work one does, and many people don't want PDFs - they want to
munge your document.
I'll post if I ever get a solution.