Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Default How do I change the user id for a tracked change?

Hi Dan

Before Word 2003, you can't do this.

If you have Word 2003, then Tools Options Security. Tick the box "Remove
personal information from file properties on save." More details on what
this does at
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/word....html#Security

If you're really serious about this, you can edit the raw XML of the
document. Save it as XML then either use trial and error and hope you don't
make a mistake, or read the specification of the XML file format available
he http://www.microsoft.com/office/xml/default.mspx.

Finally, you can do something that is almost certainly neither supported nor
recommended, so you would be wise to make an appropriate backup before
starting. Tools Macro Microsoft Script Editor. Edit to your heart's
content.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Dan Clapp" Dan wrote in message
I use the tracking changes extensivly to modify specifications. There are
several people who make the changes and Word does a steller job of putting
each persons changes in their own color and taging it with there user
name.
This process is repeated several times.

I would like to consolidate all the changes under one user name before
going
on to the next round of changes. If I could only figure out how to change
the user names to one name I think I would have a solution.