Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Default Can't delete some text!

It sounds like you are tracking changes, but have deleted text set as hidden.
When you do that, the things you have deleted are still "there" even though
you can't see them any more. When you backspace to a spot where deleted text
is hidden, the backspace function stops because the computer says, "I can't
delete that because it's already deleted."

All you need to do is use the arrow keys to move the insertion point one
space past the deleted text and the backspace key will start working again.
Alternatively, you can just select the text and hit "Delete."

I hope this helps.

Fred

"Malin" wrote:

I'm working in a word document and make a lot of changes. For some reason I
can't delete some parts. I've tried to use backspace and delete with no
success. Other parts of the text works just fine!