Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dorna Tucker

Default Copy word table to Excel w/o splitting row

Yes, I have. I'm getting the same results.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you tried, in Excel, to choose Paste Special on the Edit menu,
and pick the "Text" option? (Of course, this won't preserve the font
formatting from Word.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dorna Tucker" wrote in message
I copy/paste a word table (which is an address list with over 2,000

names) to
Excel. When I pasted the table in Excel, the column "Address" which

may have
two lines of information and would be separated by a hard return

(when
working in tables with Word) it took the second line of information

and
started a new row. Which means it split the information in the row.

How can
I prevent this?