In any version of Word, you can set an exact row height, and in Word 2000
and above, in the Cell Options (Table Properties | Cell | Options), you can
choose "Fit text" instead of "Wrap text."

"tjscholla" wrote in message
I'm trying to use a table, but I don't want the table to resize with text

and
as I hit enter. I'm inserting text, but when I get to the bottom, it

resize
and throws off the rest of the document and tables. I am wondering if it

can
be used like an Excel cell, with a permanent size and automatic shrinking

of
the text to fit. I would use excel, but Excel doesn't allow me the

function
I need for my lesson planning (hyperlinking certain text, tabbing, etc.)