Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Form fields

You are welcome. However I am surprised that Greg didn't have this on his
download on his site ... especially as I have been recommending this page on
the assumption that he did . I have given him a nudge in the right
direction.

"Margaret Upton" wrote in message
me again, just used the working one and its brilliant THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Margaret

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Download a working version of the add-in from
http://www.gmayor.com/Extras/ClassicFormControls.zip

"Margaret Upton" wrote in message
Hello Graham

Sorry to be such a pain. What I meant to say, is that I have followed
all it said in the article from Greg, pasted the text into the UI editor
and nothing has happened, there is still not anything to lock a form on
the toolbar, even after restarting Word and the computer. When I tried
to delete the template and start again, it would not let me remove it in
Word as it said the file was being used, so its obviously there. I
deleted in in Windows explorer and started again, but nothing appears on
the ribbon. Any ideas.

Margaret

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
I think you may be confusing the contents of two posts. I don't recall
giving you any code to enter into the UI editor? The UI Editor is a
means whereby you can edit the ribbon.

As for the forms tools, you can copy and paste the ribbon code from
Greg Maxey's web site -
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm which adds the
ribbon modifications in the developer tab.

If you have done this, then you need to restart Word to load the add-in
template. You will see the extra commands on the Developer Tab.

"Margaret Upton" wrote in message
Graham
Can I ask for your help again please. I have downloaded the editor,
created a template, saved it in the start up, opened it in the editor
and pasted in the text on the link you gave me and I cannot see that
anything has changed on the button bar. nothing has changed in the
form section, still no lock template. Any ideas what I have done
wrong.

Margaret
"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You will find http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm
useful when working with protected forms in Word 2007.

"Margaret Upton" wrote in message
I am not a new Word user but a new user to Word 2007. I have created
forms in Word 2003, put in the fields and locked them. I cannot find
how to now create new forms and lock and unlock the ones I have. The
computer is about to go through the window !!!! Can anyone help
please. Also there does not seem to be a help button anywhere to find
out these things. Would be very grateful for some help please.

Margaret