Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Charles Kenyon

Default Continuous Break is BROKEN

It is more info. That's for sure.

Tables?

How much is jumped to the next page?

What happens if, instead of inserting a section break, you press the Enter
key once? (Just wondering how much room you have to play with.)

Don't know if anyone pointed you to
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"*((({" wrote in message
Thanks, Charles. I wondered what Jez was trying to do.

Using Word XP. Custom Footnote. Most footnotes are numbered with
each section starting over at 1. (150+ sections). Here and there I
need an * or ** footnote. So I put in continuous page breaks before
and after the paragraph that needs the *, and choose a custom
footnote. Then I have to start the next section's footnotes with
whatever numeral is appropriate -- not at one.

The problem is, some of the continuous pagebreaks aren't. They jump
me to the next page.

I've tried changing all the styles so there is NO keep-with-next and
NO widow/orphan control. No joy.

I hope that's enough info.

*(((({

In the last exciting episode on Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:06:49 -0500,
"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Custom footnote? Footer?

If it is a footer, you can do this without a section break and continuous
section breaks can make tracking problems with footers very difficult to
figure out. If you are trying to do a special footer for just one page,
take
a look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. For
even more, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm.

By the way, Jezebel is trying to tell you that you haven't given us enough
information so that anyone can make a helpful guess at what is going wrong
for you.