ML

I could have them format it with a specific style. If I did make a style
for it how then would I use a ref to get the text to show in another
section? Not sure on what you mean by the StyleRef.

"Margaret Aldis" wrote in
message ...
If it's a block of text, can you use a specific style to mark it? Then you
can use a StyleRef field and avoid the problems of users overwriting
bookmarks.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"ML" wrote in message
Thanks. I think bookmarks are the best I can do for this. Only issue is
that a user can easily delete it when they start typing. I guess a macro

add one back in around the desired text might work if that is easily
possible.

"Margaret Aldis" wrote in
message ...
Greg Maxey has a good summary of the options at

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"ML" wrote in message
Is there a way to automatically copy text that a user types from one
section
of a document
to others?

Basically I need a way to copy the text the user enters into a summary
section, into a table that is at the end of the document. This is

filing
sheet that includes the summary as the meta data for logging the
document.
I want to copy the full text from one section and place it in another.

Is there someway to mark the text so that a macro or similar can then
reference and copy it, formatting and all to another document section?