Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default How long do questions remain in the database?

Thank you, both.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
As grammatim says, posts had been archived "forever" at DejaNews, which
Google acquired (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deja_News). At the time,
there were considerable misgivings on the part of Usenet users, but in
fact Google has proved to be a worthy successor, although, as I indicated,
many Google users wish that Usenet posts were not returned along with
other results of an ordinary "Web" search. The problem, of course, is that
there are so many Web services "slurping" the NGs, that any spider
crawling the Web is going to find NG posts reproduced on these sites.

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
How did Google, which hasn't itself been around since 1993, get hold of
posts from then? The implication is that there must be another archive
somewhere.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Go to http://groups.google.com/advanced_search and enter any combination
of
keywords, newsgroup, author's name, and date that applies to the message
you're
looking for.

I'm guessing that Suzanne put quotes around "permanently" because Google
makes
no promises about how long they'll continue to keep everything. However,
I can
still find a couple of my posts from October 1993.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 09:47:02 -0700, sheana

wrote:

Thanks for answering my question. If Google archives them permanently,
then
how do I find them...can you give me an example? Thanks in advance.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The msnews server keeps messages at least 60-90 days, I think, but
they are
archived "permanently" by Google.

"sheana" wrote in message
Can you tell me how long mine or anyone's questions remain in the
database?
Thanks in advance.