Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Scott Lolmaugh Scott Lolmaugh is offline

Default Header formula to display current "Heading 1" at the top of each page

Perfect!
Thanks!

"Dan Freeman" wrote in message
A STYLEREF field will handle this for you.

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

Dan

Scott Lolmaugh wrote:
Hi All,
I'm running Word 2007. I am creating a long document using the
"Heading 1" style for each section header so that I can use the
automated TOC. I was wondering if there was a way to insert a formula
into the
header that would display the name of the current section based on
the current "Heading 1" in effect.
Is there a field that already has this value or can a formula be used?
Thanks,
Scott