Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default letterhead template - different top margins for each page

You're welcome.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LeAnne" wrote in message
That makes sense and worked great. Thanks!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

The Different First Page setting applies to the Headers and Footers in
the
document, not to the margins. If you want to force the text on the first
page down so that it starts 3" from the top of the page, format the
paragraph (which can be empty) in the First Page Header so that it has an
appropriate amount of space after it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LeAnne" wrote in message
I use Word 2007. I followed the instructions for setting up a letter
template
with different margins for the first and second pages. I want a 3" top
margin
for the first page and a 1" top margin for the second. Even though I
clicked
on "different first page," when I get to the second page, it puts in a
3"
top
margin instead of 1". Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for
any
help.

LeAnne