Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

Default Did you know?

Welcome to the computer age. If you don't want MS to make them dunces, stop
your kids from using computers, and take them out of the public school
system, spend time with them and fix the problem...of which you are part of.

"VS in Atlanta" wrote in message
: Did you know?
: When you want to type characters that are not on the keyboard, Word has a
: function called 'insert symbols.' Guess what? I looked for a simple
division
: sign. You would expect to find it under 'mathematical operators?' Think
: again. The only division sign you will find is the slash. So when my kids
: grow up and see a division sign, they will not know what it is. For that
: matter there is no multiplication sign either. Once again, my kids will
only
: associate the star with a multiplication sign. Why, why, why are we
letting
: Microsoft make our kids dunces? They charge an arm and a leg for software
: and what do you get in return? English that would make our English
speaking
: ancestors turn in their graves?