Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix Gordon Bentley-Mix is offline

Default Did you know?

Bob,

I heard a rumour that MSFT is coming out with this cool new product that may
be of interest to the OP. It's called 'Paper'. Apparently it's made from
crushed up trees and stuff, and it's designed to allow input using a special
stylus called 'Pen'. However, there have been some bugs with Pen - something
to do with the method for handling errors and correcting invalid input.
Consequently, the release of Pen has been delayed a few months, so the buyers
of Paper may have a bit of difficulty using it effectively for a while.

Fortunately, Apple is planning on releasing a fully compatible alternative
to Pen called 'Pencil', which addresses the shortcomings in Pen by allowing
the user to simply reverse the stylus and, using a feature called 'Eraser',
rub out any mistakes. I expect multiple lawsuits for patent infringement will
follow shortly...
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Uninvited email contact will be marked as SPAM and ignored. Please post all
follow-ups to the newsgroup.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Two additional points beyond what the others have suggested:

1- The examples of the symbols are certainly available from any number of
sources external of Word as well as external of the PC. Perhaps it would be
beneficial to expand the scope of your teaching materials, and

2- The symbols used to represent math operations in computing were
standardized long before Bill Gates & what evolved into Microsoft had
anything to say about it.

I get the feeling that your post is motivated by little more than a thinly
disguised opportunity for an anti-Microsoft rant - how does adherrence to
established standards for 2 math operators have nay influence whatsoever on
the education or intelligence of your kids, let alone impact teh English
language? On that note, do your kids happen to engage in text messaging by
any chance?

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"VS in Atlanta" wrote in message
Did you know?
When you want to type characters that are not on the keyboard, Word has a
function called 'insert symbols.' Guess what? I looked for a simple
division
sign. You would expect to find it under 'mathematical operators?' Think
again. The only division sign you will find is the slash. So when my kids
grow up and see a division sign, they will not know what it is. For that
matter there is no multiplication sign either. Once again, my kids will
only
associate the star with a multiplication sign. Why, why, why are we
letting
Microsoft make our kids dunces? They charge an arm and a leg for software
and what do you get in return? English that would make our English
speaking
ancestors turn in their graves?