Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word file preview is not working

If you mean that preview works inside Word for non-Word files, but not for
Word files, this is a known bug (actually, it seems to work at times, but
often not). The work-around is to use the preview in Windows File
Explorer... where Preview *does* work for Word files. I find that the same
bug exists inside Excel, as well... where Word files preview just fine, but
Excel files do not.

Some have found relief by disabling various add-ins, but I found that relief
to be short-lived.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"Kenwyler" wrote in message
Why doesn't file preview not work in Office 2007 Word?