Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Booklet printing in Word 2007

In fact, I just retested this. I took a 5 page (A4) document and saved it as
PDF.

I opened it in Acrobat Reader, selected Print and in the option dialog chose
Booklet Printing under Scaling, Both Sides under Booklet Subset, set my
printer driver to Duplex (Both Sides) and pressed OK. It printed a perfect
A5 booklet using Pages 1-5 with pages 6-8 entirely blank as expected.

Terry

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Word is crap at booklet printing. Instead, save your document to PDF
using Word 2007's built-in converter. Then open the document in Adobe
Reader v9 and use its booklet feature. It is impressively good! It is the
one saving grace in installing a PDF reader that is such a hog.

Doesn't work. I have seven pages of text and Acrobat will NOT print the
blank page as page 8 at the end of the document.
In other words instead of printing page 1 and page 8 (the blank page) on
the first sheet, it prints page 1 and page 7, but it prints a blank page
in front of page 2 so that page 2 is NOT on the reverse side of the paper
to page 1.