Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Problem updating REF fields

Roger,

I do not know if I can solve your problem, but if you feel able to email
your current .doc/.dot to me, I can at least have a look at it. Despam
my email - pjj att pjjnet dott demon dott co dott uk

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 30/04/2010 19:37, Roger wrote:
I am reposting this since I have had no reply. I need help, please, with an
error message that I keep getting.
I am using Word2003 on XP and have read as much as I can on the error
"Reference source not found", but still have the problem. My form has a
number of ASK statements followed by REF fields throughout. For one field
(for example the dossier number) there is an ASK field to get the number and
then there are a number of {REF dossier} fields inserted in the document.
Where the fields are in a text
box they update just fine, but where the fields are in the document itself I
keep getting the error message.

I have added an autoNew macro

Dim oStory As Range
For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
oStory.Fields.Update
If oStory.StoryType wdMainTextStory Then
While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing)
Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange
oStory.Fields.Update
Wend
End If
Next oStory
Set oStory = Nothing
End Sub

In print view all is filled in correctly, but when the form is being
filled-in via the ASK and REF fields all you can see is the error messages
and not the input data. I have tried adding /d" " but that also
doesn't seem to help! How can I get rid of the error message, please?

Thanks .. Roger