Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Improve document map by making work it more like a tree outliner

In current versions, you may find that Outline view does what you want (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingOLView.htm). In Word 2010, the new
Navigation Pane (which combines the Document Map with Find/Replace) allows
you to rearrange chunks of text by dragging headings.

http://word.mvps.org

"Philosophy Writer" Philosophy wrote in
message ...
I use a tree outliner for large writing projects, then transfer everything
over to Word. It would be great if Word's Document Map worked more like
the
tree outliner's I've become accustomed to. They're great for structuring
and
re-structuring quickly, and for quickly jumping to different places in the
document.

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout