Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Howard J Howard J is offline

Default Opening Templates window

That very nearly solves the problem. The trouble is, the templates window is
now an option on a pull-down menu, instead of an option in the task pane. it
still takes two clicks where it used to take one.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Replace the New button on the toolbar/menu with the FileNewDialog button.
See also http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...owTaskPane.htm

Howard J wrote:
In older versions of Word, clicking "New" (or was it "New..."?) would
open the templates window. Now I get the New Document task pane
with lots of optiosn which I'm not interested in. The only other
choice appears to be to open a blank document.

Is there any way of reverting to the old method of opening the
templates window without first going through the task pane?