Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Howard J Howard J is offline

Default Opening Templates window

That sounds very helpful. However I can't find anything called a "Quick
Access Toolbar". It's not in my list of available toolbars.

"Dawn Crosier, Word MVP" wrote:

Howard -

In addition to the other methods that have been mentioned, you can add
the "New Document or Template" command to your Quick Access Toolbar.
Click the down arrow to the right of the Quick Access Toolbar.
Select More Commands
Change the combo box at from "Popular Commands" to "All Commands"
Click into the lower portion of the dialog box and type an "N" to jump
to the commands which begin with N.
Locate "New Document or Template..."
Click the Add button
Click the OK button

Now when you click that button on your QAT - the dialog box will open
showing any custom templates as well as the Microsoft templates in
tabbed form. The only problem that I have with this solution is that it
is not possible to modify the icon to indicate that it is different from
the "New" command.

Good Luck.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Howard J" wrote in message
:

In older versions of Word, clicking "New" (or was it "New..."?) would open
the templates window. Now I get the New Document task pane with lots of
optiosn which I'm not interested in. The only other choice appears to be to
open a blank document.

Is there any way of reverting to the old method of opening the templates
window without first going through the task pane?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9/26/2007 12:12 PM