Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word2007 does auto open PDF after Save as command

Could be right. Can you reinstall Adobe Reader 9.2?

http://word.mvps.org

"Sean" wrote in message
Hello Suzanne

In Word2007 when you select Save as, a number of options appear in an
expanded menu. This offers PDF or XPS.

When I select Save as PDF or XPS a dialog appears including a greyed out
'Open file after publishing'.

I have a suspicion that when I installed the Adobe Reader version 5 it
broke
the automatic links to the Adobe Reader version 9.2, but this is only my
opinion.

Does this makes sense ?

Sean

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Does Word 2007 offer any kind of PDF-creation settings? I know that
Acrobat
has a radio button ("View Adobe PDF result") to choose whether a newly
created PDF is automatically opened in Acrobat for viewing.

http://word.mvps.org

"Sean" wrote in message
Can anybody help with this little problemette !

I originally had Adobe Reader 9.2 that would open automatically when I
created a PDF from Word2007 using the Save as command.

But now it won't open automatically.

I (maybe stupidly) installed Adobe Reader 5 to try to open an old PDF
that
was sent, but unistalled it when I discovered that the file was
corrupt.

Now when I try to create a PDF using Word2007 running on Window Vista,
Adobe
Reader 9.2 will not launch automatically.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers

Sean

.