Gerard Green

Default Fonts displaying incorrectly

I have inserted symbols into a paragraph in older versions of Word and
printed them out successfully. I am now using XP and the symbols are
displaying incorrectly. Interestingly, the online web layout shows the
symbols correctly, but all other views, and prints, show rubbish where the
special symbols have been inserted. All the necessary true type fonts are
installed on the new system.

I have over 800 files with these symbols inserted. Is there any way I can
reasonably easily get them back without re-inserting the symbols?

Does anyone know why the online web layout displays the symbols correctly?

Why does this display show the correct symbols and not the normal layout?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards.

Gerard Green