JR

Instead of using date field, go to Insert-Date/Time. Pick the format you
want then UNCHECK the automatic update box in the lower right portion of the
dialog box.

John

"Sandra Jackson via OfficeKB.com" wrote in
message ...
I am having problems with a date field and wondered if anyone could help.
When reopening a document I want to retain the date the document was
created.

I've tried createdate, but this doesn't change the date at all (even when
printing). Using CREATEDATE produced the following format:
{ CREATEDATE \@ "d MMMM YYYY" \* mergeformat }.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks