Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 compatibility question

Word 2002 files are fully compatible with Word 2007: so there's no problems
there.

However, Word cannot open Works files. You will need to open the Works files
and save them to a compatible format, such as RTF so that you can open them
in Word.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"cranheim" wrote in message
I am presently using Windows XP home edition, MS Works 6.0, and MS Word
2002 SP3. I plan on buying a new PC with the Vista OS, and a Word
Processing program like Word 2007. My question is this: If I get Word 2007,
will I be able to process the saved files I have from my MS Works 6.0
and/or my files from my Word 2002 using Word 2007? If not, what do I need
to process my current saved files? Any help you can give me would be
appreciated. Charles Ranheim