Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 compatibility question

Charlie

RTF is a format recognised by virtually every word processor available. It
is a universal format and any RTF document should open in any word
processor. So you need to open the WORKS files in the WORKS processor and
use SaveAs and chose RTF as the format to save it. The rtf document will
then be able to be opened in Word (or any other word processor).

Terry

"cranheim" wrote in message
Terry,
Thanks for your response. You said :You will need to open the Works
files
and save them to a compatible format, such as RTF so that you can open
them
in Word. Would you please explain how I would go about doing this. Is this
part of my Works program, or my Word program? Will I be able to convert
some of my files to the Word format while keeping a copy of the original
format to use with my present Works program? Any details or reference
material I can access would be a big help. I am not a PC guru. Thanks,
Charlie Ranheim

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Word 2002 files are fully compatible with Word 2007: so there's no
problems there.

However, Word cannot open Works files. You will need to open the Works

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"cranheim" wrote in message
I am presently using Windows XP home edition, MS Works 6.0, and MS Word
2002 SP3. I plan on buying a new PC with the Vista OS, and a Word
Processing program like Word 2007. My question is this: If I get Word
2007, will I be able to process the saved files I have from my MS Works
6.0 and/or my files from my Word 2002 using Word 2007? If not, what do I
need to process my current saved files? Any help you can give me would be
appreciated. Charles Ranheim