Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Missing pictures in Draft

I have confirmation from two other MVPs that inline pictures are replaced by
white space (which I would consider the equivalent of a "placeholder") in
Draft view regardless of the "Placeholder" setting in the View Options. So
this is evidently default/expected behavior, albeit still what I would
regard as a bug. Beth Melton suggested it might be a result of the late
implementation of Escher graphics in Word 2007.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Honza,

What version of Windows are you using?

The 'Picture Placeholders' (white frame with sizing handles) setting in

Word 2007 is in the Advanced Word Options dialog
(Alt, T, O, A) and scroll down to the 'Show Document Content' area.

Turn off: Show Picture Placeholders
Turn on: Show drawings and text boxes on screen.

If that doesn't correct the issue -

If you create a new document in Word 2007 do you see the same thing, or is

this only in Word 2003 created documents opened in Word
2007?

If a Word 2003 document if you use Office Button=Convert, do the graphics

appear?

Does it only happen in Word 2007 with pasted graphics or with ones you add

from Insert=Pictures?

Before you paste, but have a graphic on the Word 2007 clipboard, if you

use Home=Paste=Paste Special, what format is Word
defaulting to for the pasted picture?

Do you have languages for Right to Left text enabled as well as Left to

Right?

================
"honza" wrote in message

Yes, inline pictures are visible in print layout but not in draft. I don't
know what exactly placeholder is. In my (programmer's) mind, placeholder

is
gray box wiht text "here will be picture", but i do not see anything else

in
draft than white space with same size as picture.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP