TF

Dan

Because it works properly when you start Word in Safe Mode, it is indicating
that there is some external influence at work: these are usually add-in
placed in the Start-up folder, custom macros or COM add-ins that are badly
written. Word Safe Mode forces Word to start in its default install mode
by-passing all add-ins and customisations including the normal.dot. Suzanne
asked about Works, because the Works Suite Add-in is notorious for causing
this (and other) problems. You need to check your system to see what has
been installed that is affecting the Office Clipboard.

The following FAQ should start you off on your investigation...

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...sInstalled.htm

Please come back for some more help if unsuccessful.

Terry

"Dan" wrote in message
: Word is part of Office 2000 Pro
: Sometimes it is open, but not always !
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: ...
: No. Do you have Word open already when you copy? If not, is Word part of
: Works Suite?
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
: so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Dan" wrote in message
: ...
: Yes that works , am I going to have to use safe mode ?
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: Start Word in Safe Mode and see if you can copy paste. From Start,
Run
: type
: in
:
: winword /a
:
: and press enter. This opens Word in Safe Mode. Can you copy and paste
: now?
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "Dan" wrote in message
: ...
: : Am in Page Layout View. Even if I just try and paste large amount
of
: text
: : nothing shows up.
: : "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: : ...
: : Are you in Normal View? You can only see graphics if you are in
: Page
: : Layout
: : View.
: :
: : --
: : Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: : http://word.mvps.org/
: :
: : "Dan" wrote in message
: : ...
: : : When I copy and paste either a large document or picture
: : : in Word 2000 it never shows up... Yet when I try and close the
: document
: : it
: : : asks me if I want to save the changes ?
: : :
: : :
: : :
: :