Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Default Word 2007 Beta -- Print problems

Hi Jon,

Do you happen by any chance to have Adobe Acrobat Pro 6/7 installed? If
you do, what happens when you print to the Adobe PDF printer? Same issue
or ok?

Here are some suggestions that *could* fix the issue (courtesy of Bob
Buckland):
1. From Start=Programs=Accessories=System Tools
run 'Disk Cleanup' and clear the browser cache
and the temporary file folders.

2. Restart the PC.

3. Use Start Search and locate the file name string
~$*.*;*.tmp
and send those files to the recycle bin.

4. Start Word. If you encounter this problem still
try File[Office Button]Print
and choose a different printer then switch back
to your regular one.

You can try starting with number 4

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"elproffset.se" wrote in
message :

Hi! Thanks for your respond. The PDF works. I have a Epson Stylus C42UX. Had
just installed the lasted driver from Epsons homepage. But it still gives the
same trouble. Thankful for help.

Jon

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

Does the PDF workaround work for you?
What printer/driver do you have?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"elproffset.se" wrote in
message :

Hi! I have the same problem! I only see the upper left corner. It apear even
after rebooting. Would be glad for any help. Jon

"SteveH" wrote:

Thanks for the idea. I did find that by rebooting my PC the problem went
away, so I'm thinking that cured everything. Again, thanks for your help. I
have a HP OfficeJet 6210 that has not had any problems.

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

There are some issues with printer drivers in Word 2007.
What printer do you have and do you have the latest driver for it
installed?
What happens if you save the file as PDF? Is the output ok then? If it
is, then use the save as pdf feature as workaround by printing the pdf.

Patrick Schmid
http://pschmid.net

"SteveH" wrote in message
:

When I go into Print Preview on (some, not all) old Word 2003 docs or docs
I've created in the new Word 2007 Beta (.docx), I see only the top-left
quarter of the page. If I bypass Print Preview and go straight to Print, I
only print the top-left quarter of the page.

Anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it?