Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QWxpY2U=?=,

I'm trying to set up a merge document using an Access query as the data
source. In the query there is a field named homeqddp. Each time homeqddp
changes I want Word to create a document with the merge information and save
it so the name of the document is the same as the homeqddp field. Is this
possible?

No, mail merge doesn't support anything like this. Mail merge exists to create
batches of the same document, with some variable fields. Like labels, or form
letters. You have to set a criteria, and execute the merge.

Closest would probably be to use a Form in Access that reacts when this field is
changed. It could execute code in Access, for example, that would create the
letter (not necessarily using mail merge, which is really overkill for "one off"
letters). An Access newsgroup would be the best place to pursue how to create
the form. You'll find a sample file, WdAcc97.zip, in the Special merges section
of my website's mail merge FAQ that demonstrates how you can pass Access data
into a document created from a Word template, and save it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)