Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default problem grabbing table edges

Hi Keith

I've experienced the same thing - no matter how careful I am, I always seem
to have to 'grab' the table or column edge twice.

I don't know of any solution, sorry.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Keith G Hicks" wrote in message
Why (word 03 on win2k) do I very often have to grab the border of a cell
TWICE to move it??? When I want to adjust the position of the edge of a
cell
in a table I move the mouse to the line (vertical or horizontal) and get
the
positioning mouse pointer. Then I very carefully click and hold and move
but
nothing moves. Then when I do it a 2nd time it works. This happens almost
all the time unless I've moved the edge just before. I've made a point of
being very careful to actually really get the line in the pointer before I
click. It doesn't matter. This has been happening to me for a long time
(ever since I started working with tables a few years ago). It's not a new
issue. This must be some annoying bug in word. Any comments or
suggestions?

Keith