lloydkirk lloydkirk is offline
Junior Member

Default Linking footnotes

I am working on a very large document (250 pages) with many footnotes (500). This is a work in progress, i. e., it will change several times before a final version is attained. During that editing process, footnotes may be added and/or deleted. I know there is a way to "dynamically" link footnotes so that regardless of changes, the reference will always be correct.

For example, assume I am working on draft #1 of the document, and in footnote 135, I would like to say "See n 106 supra." However, in draft # 2, I have eliminated several footnotes both before and after footnote 106 and 135. How do I "link" the old footnote 135 (which may now be, sat footnote 132) to the old footnote 106 (which may now be footnote 89) in draft #2?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff