Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default search for tables w/i a table

Tables form a hierarchy within a document, so in VBA you can do this:

For Each t In ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Tables
t.Select
Next

You need to have a way of identifying the outer table but then you can do
what you want with the inner ones.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"adgorn" wrote in message
I have a big table, and w/i some cells are little tables. I need to search
for each of those little tables. The table browse object won't do it.

What I am ultimately trying to do is extract each of the little tables (to
modify them separately), tag them with some identifier, leave behind a
placeholder, then be able to put them back when I'd done manipulating
them.

I'd be happy if I could just cycle through all the tables first.
--
Alan